DISCLAIMER

I am by no means an expert. This blog is mainly for reference, fun & sanity.
Remember all children are different & everyone has different parenting styles & skills.

Read here to find out what this blog is about.

1/01/2010

Infant menus

This is what actually made me decide to start this blog.
I was trying to get a little menu plan going for my son but I couldn't find any. All I found were guidelines on how much (in total) for the day.
One day I got my little Gerber booklet in the mail & guess what was on the second to last page? A sample menu for baby!! It came in the 'sitter' booklet & then a couple of months later a new one in the 'crawler' booklet.
You can also get a larger variety of menu plans at gerber.com

Here's a typical day for my 10 month old:
4-5 oz bottle when he wakes up
9:30 breakfast - cereal & fruit/granola
11:00 5 oz bottlea
1:00 lunch - cereal & vegetable
3:00 5 oz bottle
5:00  snack
6:30 dinner - meat & vegetable, if he's still hungry he gets dessert (another fruit )
9:00 7 - 9 oz bottle depending on how he ate throughout the day

This is a general plan, it varies here & there. Today for example, he never had his 5:00 PM bottle so he had dessert & his last bottle was a 9 ouncer, he left about 3/4 of an ounce.

No comments: